Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Two Brain Problem

When I first started reading about the left and right hemisphere it just reinforced the idea of how complicated the brain really is for me. Our brain is separate but connected and without a nice balance it can throw a persons hole thinking process off. In a video I viewed I was very affected in hearing about this experience Dr. Taylor had while having a stroke and how it was almost impossible for her to be able to focus enough to get herself help while she was having a stroke. And while I know that strokes are horrific, I never really understood what was taking place, what does it mean for someone to have a stroke? I'd always been told about the paralysis and the loss of speech bet never really whats happening in your body. It seems such a simple and horrifying experience, a blood vessel bursting is all it takes and without rhyme or reason. The worst part is that anyone can have one, and while there are health factors that do cause an increase in possibility such as smoking, diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease, a previous stroke...etc. And while maintaining you're body and making sure to be aware of these factors is no guarantee by any means that a stroke won't occur in a persons lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment